Friday, June 19, 2015

A Trade with The Angels, in Order

Tom from The Angels, in Order sent me a nice stack of cards today.
Inside was what appeared to be a complete team set of the 2007 Tennessee Smokies, the Chicago Cubs AA affiliate. Lots of Major Leaguer's were in this set.
The manager, Pat Listach, a former American League Rookie of the Year with the Milwaukee Brewers.
Current New York Met, Jerry Blevins, whom the Mets traded for from the Washington Nationals this past spring, was also in this set.
When I got to these next 2 cards, which were back-to-back in the pile, I muttered to myself "oh, man!" and a bit louder at the second one.
In December I attended Sam Fuld's SLAM Diabetes whiffle ball tournament in Tampa, Florida. Several baseball players were involved and were all easily accessible for autographs. Unfortunately, I didn't have a card of Sam, but now I do, so if he continues his event in the Tampa Bay area, I hope to attend and have him sign this for me.
I saw Jake Fox many times throughout the spring when I'd see the Blue Jays play. Never had a card of him either.

Tom also helped with some sets that I'm trying to complete.
My 1985 Topps set is now finished as he supplied the lone missing card of Bob Boone.
I'm a bit closer to completing the 1991 Leaf series 2 set with the addition of Dave Winfield.
These three 1983 Topps cards now leave me with just one remaining before I can call this set complete.
Thanks for the cards, Tom. I will send you some cards in return very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like This Site on Facebook