Wednesday, May 6, 2015

I Got My Credit

Just under a month ago I made a post about a local Minor League team using an image from my website and not giving me or my site any credit. If you're unfamiliar with this story, you can read it here.

I sent an e-mail to the team letting them know that I was a little disappointed that I wasn't given any credit. A day passed and I had not gotten a response, so I made it public and took to Twitter. Suddenly, I'm getting a direct message from them via Twitter and a followup e-mail.

I ended up speaking to the editor of the magazine in person a few days later. He apologized, but also claimed that the team felt they had the rights to the image since it was their baseball card, but actually it was Fleer's.

The whole thing seemed like it was much more of a bigger deal than it should have been. I was never looking to profit off of this. All I wanted was that credit.

Well, today I got it. I went to the Clearwater Threshers game this afternoon and picked up the May issue of their monthly program.


At the bottom of the table of contents was my site being credited.


Here it is blown up to make it easier to read.


The Threshers have the highest average attendance in the Florida State League. I'd like to believe that all their fans will see the link to my site and visit it, post comments, and end up discovering this blog and following me on Twitter. However, I am a realist, and realize that small print will be overlooked by most readers. It doesn't bother me a bit, I'm just happy that my site was acknowledged.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like This Site on Facebook