Wednesday, May 13, 2015

My First Pack Rip for the Blog (Bowman 2015)

I've seen many bloggers post their pack results, so I decided to do my own.

I went to Target today and saw 3 different 2015 Bowman packs. A 10 card pack for $2.99, a jumbo pack for $5.99, and 3 bundled 10 card packs for $9.99. The 3 pack seemed high, but it promises 3 yellow parallel cards. Inserts never appealed to me, so if I wanted 3 packs, I'd just buy them individually.

Anyhow, I decided on just a single 10 card pack.




Crazy seeing the odds for pulling inserts on the back of the pack.

I know I at least pulled one. There's a couple cards in this pack that are a bit thicker and shinier, but that may be normal.

Here's what I got:



Six of the players are new to my collection (Mark Trumbo, Mike Zunino, Josh Harrison, Victor Alcantara, Kevin Plawecki, and Greg Bird). Those cards will be headed to my big alphabetical box of players that I don't have any autographs of.

It was nice getting a Mets card in this pack. I've enjoyed what I've seen from Kevin Plawecki these last couple of weeks. According to Bowman's odds, that particular insert (Bowman Scouts' Top 100) are 1:8. Fairly common, but it's a Met, so I can be excited about any Mets insert.

The only card I'm willing to trade from this pack is Pittsburgh Pirates prospect, Austin Meadows. He's currently playing for the Bradenton Marauders of the Florida State League. I haven't seen them play yet this season, and I felt that I had a better looking card to hopefully get signed by him. This card, while nice looking, just seems a little dark for an autograph.

Well, there's my pack. I don't buy enough packs, I'm more of a single card buyer on sites like eBayCOMCSportlots, and Go Sports Cards. If/when I buy more, I will open and share them on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like This Site on Facebook